My Shopping List
Grilled Chicken Breasts Molé
Courtesy of California Dried Plum Board
Prep Time: 10 Min.
Cook Time: 20 Min.
What you need:
(click + to add ingredients to your shopping list)
+ 1 1/2 c. low-sodium chicken broth
+ 1/2 c. (3 oz.) pitted California Dried Plums
+ 4 canned chipotles in adobo, rinsed and seeded*
+ 1/2 c. toasted slivered almonds
+ 1 oz. bittersweet chocolate
+ 6 skinless, boneless chicken breasts (4 oz. each)
+ 2 Tbsp. chili powder
+ 1/4 c. chopped cilantro
+ 12 corn tortillas
**+ For spicier molé, do not rinse or seed chipotles.
What to do:
1. To make mole, in saucepan, bring broth and dried plums to a boil. Remove from heat, cover and let sit 5 min. With slotted spoon, remove half of dried plums; reserve for garnish.
2. In blender, purée remaining dried plums, broth, chipotles and 1/4 c. of the almonds.
3. Return mixture to saucepan; add chocolate. Stir over low heat until chocolate is melted. Season with salt. (Mole can be kept warm, or refrigerated and reheated as needed.)
4. Sprinkle chicken with chili powder; season with salt.
5. On gas or charcoal grill, or in heated grill pan, grill chicken about 4 minutes on each side or until cooked through. Grill tortillas, or heat in oven or steamer.
6. Slice chicken; divide among 6 plates. Spoon mole over chicken. Garnish with reserved dried plums and almonds; sprinkle with cilantro. Serve tortillas on side.
Calories: 416; Total Fat: 12g; Cholesterol: 66mg; Total Carbs: 44g; Fiber: 5g; Protein: 33g; Sodium: 408mg;