My Shopping List
Basic French Omelet
Courtesy of The incredible edible egg™
Prep Time: 2 Min.
Cook Time: 5 Min.
What you need:
(click + to add ingredients to your shopping list)
+ 2 eggs
+ 2 Tbsp. water
+ 1/8 tsp. salt
+ dash pepper
+ 1 tsp. butter
+ 1/3 to 1/2 c. filling, such as shredded cheese or finely chopped ham
What to do:
1. Beat eggs, water, salt and pepper in small bowl until blended.
2. Heat butter in 7 to 10-in. nonstick omelet pan or skillet over medium-high heat until hot. Tilt pan to coat bottom. Pour in egg mixture. Mixture should set immediately at edges.
3. Gently push cooked portions from edges toward the center with inverted turner so that uncooked eggs can reach the hot pan surface. Continue cooking, tilting pan and gently moving cooked portions as needed.
4. When top surface of eggs is thickened and no visible liquid egg remains, place filling on one side of the omelet. Fold omelet in half with turner. With a quick flip of the wrist, turn pan and invert or slide omelet onto plate. Serve immediately.
- For a sweet omelet, omit pepper and add a dash of sugar to egg mixture. Fill with preserves, finely chopped toasted nuts or berries; dust with powdered sugar. For an elegant touch, spoon a tablespoon of warmed Cognac or Grand Marnier over and flambé.
"For more ways to enjoy The incredible edible egg™, visit incredibleegg.org"
Calories: 177; Total Fat: 14g; Saturated Fat: 6g; Cholesterol: 433mg; Total Carbs: 1g; Fiber: 0g; Protein: 13g; Sodium: 433mg;