My Shopping List
T-Bone Steak with Parmesan-Dusted Mushrooms
Courtesy of The Beef Checkoff
Prep Time: 10 Min.
Cook Time: 20 Min.
What you need:
(click + to add ingredients to your shopping list)
+ 1 beef T-bone or Porterhouse steak, cut 1-in. thick
+ 1 Tbsp. butter
+ 2 Tbsp. dry bread crumbs
+ 1 Tbsp. grated Parmesan cheese
+ 2-1/4 tsp. steak seasoning blend
+ 8 oz. button mushrooms, cut into quarters
+ 1/4 c. finely chopped green onions
What to do:
1. Melt 1 tsp. butter in large nonstick skillet over medium heat; stir in bread crumbs and cheese. Cook and stir 3 to 6 min. or until lightly toasted. Remove from pan. Set aside.
2. Press 2 tsp. steak seasoning evenly onto beef steak. Place steak on rack in broiler pan so surface of beef is 3 to 4 in. from heat. Broil 15 to 20 min. for medium rare (145°F) to medium (160°F) doneness, turning once.
3. Meanwhile, melt remaining 2 tsp. butter in same skillet over medium heat. Add mushrooms, green onions and remaining 1/4 tsp. steak seasoning; cook and stir 4 to 6 min. or until mushrooms are just tender and lightly browned; keep warm.
4. Remove bone from steak; carve crosswise into slices. Serve with mushrooms. Sprinkle crumb mixture over mushrooms and steak.
* Recipe Courtesy of The Beef Checkoff.
Calories: 330; Total Fat: 20g; Saturated Fat: 10g; Cholesterol: 66mg; Total Carbs: 10g; Fiber: 2g; Protein: 27g; Sodium: 913mg;